Tuesday, September 2, 2008

What I Think About Blogs

1.What do you think about using blogs?

I think that blogs are like televison. You can walk away with whatever interpertation you like. The producer has no responsability to the consumer and keeping that in mind I think that blogging is subjective and depending on the person can be benificial as much as the consumer will allow it to be. I also feels that blogging adds further proof to the way technology is changing the way we interact with society and how we live.

2.What and how do you think blogs would be useful for education?

Post materials and resources
Host online discussion
Create a class publication
Replace your newsletter
Get your students blogging
Share your lesson plans
Integrate multimedia of all descriptions
Organise, organise, organise
Get feedback
Create a fully functional website


3.Some people think using blogs in classrooms is a waste of students’ time. How would you respond?

I feel that students of the current times do not realize what a privelage it is to have so many assistive technologies. Look at how the abuses of the You Tube. recorded fight, gain initiations recorded and in s sense set to a freakish standard of glory. Never the less I feel that students who use the tool as it was intended will reap great benefits. I also have a concern though for those families that are more and more commonly unable to afford the internet at home and the negative ramifications it can have for them academically as well as social.

4.What are some ways that you could use he technology ideas in Chapter 6 to support your curriculum and student learners?

Post Materials and resources
Host online discussion
Create Class Publication
Newssletter
Get students blogging (Find actual thoughts)
Share lesson plans
Integrate multimedia
Organize
Commuincate effectively with parents

2 comments:

John Pierce said...

I agree with each point you made and I also see how using blogs can be an effective tool if used in the right manner. Using blogs in the wrong manner though, could have unintended consequences which the teacher might have never thought of.

ck2514 said...

Well-done!!

CK :)